Welcome to the new CanadianWiki, a free open source platform where contributors create and modify databases that contain information on most subject matters. We would like to help you feel welcome, welcome to create and, welcome to edit. If you need assistance, please contact an administrator. We welcome everyone, even if you're using a VPN.
- Nanos survey: Nearly 8 in 10 Canadians uninterested in smoking cannabis once legal
- With the hours ticking down until cannabis legalization, a new poll suggests the majority of Canadians are not interested in smoking marijuana.
- 2018-10-16 15:43:00
- Feds to replace solitary confinement with new form of inmate separation
- Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale has introduced a new piece of legislation that proposes to overhaul how federal inmates are separated from the general prison population, eliminating solitary c...
- Rachel Aiello 2018-10-16 15:18:00
- Trump attacks porn actress Stormy Daniels as 'Horseface'
- U.S. President Donald Trump is insulting the physical appearance of porn actress Stormy Daniels, calling her 'Horseface' in a tweet about a recent legal ruling.
- 2018-10-16 17:07:41
- Housing stress test disproportionately harms young homebuyers: mortgage industry
- Canadian mortgage industry leaders say a recently toughened stress test is making it more difficult for young people and newcomers to the country to buy homes.
- Ryan Flanagan 2018-10-16 15:42:00
- Birthplace of McIntosh apple listed for sale at $875,000
- The Canadian homestead where John McIntosh discovered the McIntosh apple is up for sale with a list price of $875,000.
- 2018-10-16 16:50:00
- Small plane crash near Ottawa narrowly misses home, pilot in serious condition
- A pilot is in serious condition with a head injury in hospital this morning after his plane crashed west of Ottawa during the morning rush hour.
- 2018-10-16 15:13:00
- It's a boy: Pippa Middleton gives birth to her first child
- Pippa Middleton, the sister of Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, has given birth to a baby boy.
- 2018-10-16 16:43:00
- Turkish official: 'Certain evidence' found in consulate
- Police who searched the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul found evidence that Saudi writer Jamal Khashoggi was killed there, a high-level Turkish official said Tuesday, as authorities prepared to search...
- Fay Abuelgasim, Suzan Fraser and Jon Gambrell 2018-10-16 04:59:00
- Haunted house actors suspended over simulated rapes
- Complaints from visitors about being pushed onto a mattress where actors simulated raping them at an "edgy" haunted house in northeast Ohio has led to the suspension of the actors involved.
- 2018-10-16 15:35:38
- Idaho wildlife official resigns after killing baboon family
- A top Idaho wildlife official has resigned amid outrage over a photo of him posing with a baboon family he killed in Africa.
- 2018-10-16 14:37:14
Two Factor Authentication - CanadianWiki
- CanadianWiki has enabled the ability to use Two factor Authentication which, allows a registered user to input a code using a mobile phone while trying to login on a device that is not known and/or, a browser where you did not save your login credentials. You are capable of using popular Authenticators like Google Authenticator and Microsoft Authenticator. How does it work? You will attempt to input your user name and password. Once authenticated with CanadianWiki, you'll be prompted to enter a code. You will open your authenticator and input the CanadianWiki code which refreshes every several seconds. Do you need internet access for that? No however, you will need to allow your authenticator to download new codes to your phone every so often. Yes, it may sound complicated but, the authenticator will ask you to point your camera to the code box provided by CanadianWiki, and you will be ready to go. Two Factor Authentication can be used on a lot of platforms like Google including YouTube, Facebook, Microsoft Account and more.
Two Factor Authentication is a great way to secure your account should someone guess your login information or, have your credentials stolen by a computer virus. CanadianWiki is now able to remove your authenticator from your account, if you reset your phone, or lose your phone. The only persons able to do this are those with shell access to the CanadianWiki database. CanadianWiki will be looking at options to authenticate the user to the account in question, as a general policy to prevent unauthorized requests. Once a policy is in effect, it will be added here. Until such policy is in effect, you are strongly encouraged to not reset your phone without removing the authenticator requirement from your account first.
IMPORTANT: When signing up for Two Factor Authentication, you should keep in mind that you are given a list of codes you must keep in a safe place. These codes will allow you access to your CanadianWiki account should you lose access to your authenticator. To enable Two Factor Authentication or to remove the authenticator from your account, please visit Special:Two-factor_authentication For additional information Visit MediaWiki.