- Ottawa considering increasing China travel risk warnings for Canadians
- The federal government is considering increasing the risk level for Canadian travellers to China, CTV News has learned.
- Rachel Aiello 2018-12-11 19:23:00
- Shooting reported near Christmas market in Strasbourg, France
- French media have reported a shooting in Strasbourg, and the Interior Ministry has called on the public to remain indoors amid a “serious security event” in the city centre.
- 2018-12-11 19:53:00
- LIVE UPDATES: Flight risk arguments at Huawei CFO bail hearing in Vancouver court
- The bail hearing for Huawei's chief financial officer continues for a third day today in a Vancouver court, as lawyers argue about her bail and whether she poses a flight risk.
- 2018-12-11 09:43:00
- Ex-diplomat who worked on Trudeau's Hong Kong visit detained in China
- A former Canadian diplomat who worked as a political lead for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's 2016 visit to Hong Kong has reportedly been arrested in China.
- Andy Blatchford 2018-12-11 14:29:00
- No flood of extremist returnees to Canada expected, federal report says
- A federal report says there has been no surge of extremist travellers returning to Canada, despite the overseas setbacks suffered by militant forces in Iraq and Syria.
- Jim Bronskill 2018-12-11 18:28:00
- Postal workers union filing court challenge over back-to-work legislation
- The union that represents Canada Post workers is filing a constitutional challenge on the federal government’s back-to-work legislation.
- Rachel Aiello 2018-12-11 16:35:00
- Police say they've busted gun-manufacturing ring in the Toronto area
- A group making and selling illegal handguns using legal parts has been busted in the Toronto area after an eight-month investigation that culminated in a massive raid, Ontario Provincial Police.
- 2018-12-11 17:55:00
- Steph Curry says he doesn't believe in the moon landing
- Golden State Warriors superstar Steph Curry is the latest professional basketball player to apparently believe in conspiracy theories regarding outer space, saying he doesn’t believe the moon lan...
- 2018-12-11 19:44:00
- Trump bickers with Dem leaders, threatens gov't shutdown
- Bickering in public with Democratic leaders, U.S. President Donald Trump threatened repeatedly on Tuesday to shut down the government if Congress doesn't provide the money he says is needed to buil...
- Matthew Daly and Catherine Lucey 2018-12-11 06:31:00
- Police seek Quebec woman missing in Mexico after male travel companion dies by suicide
- Authorities are asking for the public's help in finding a 41-year-old Quebec woman who left on vacation to Mexico last month and never returned home.
- 2018-12-11 15:07:00
Some recent articles
| A few of the articles we've added recently. For a full list of recent additions, see New Pages
- FOX (pictured) is an American commercial broadcast television network that is a flagship property of Fox Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox.
- Cylance Cylance Inc. is an American software firm founded in 2012. It develops antivirus programs and other kinds of computer software that prevent, rather than reactively detect, viruses and malware. The company is based in Irvine, California.
- Nova Scotia Light and Power was an electric and gas utility company with its head office in Halifax, Canada. The company still exists as a shell but is no longer active; however, for more than a century, it was the major producer of energy in the province of Nova Scotia, and its largest public transit operator. See Nova Scotia Power
- Emera Inc. is a publicly traded energy utility company. As of 2017, it had revenues of $6.2 billion, and assets of $30 billion. Based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, Emera's President and CEO is Scott Balfour. The company invests in electricity generation, transmission and distribution, and gas transmission and utility energy services. As of 2018 the Emera group of companies had approximately 7,400 employees.
- The Nova Scotia Railway is a historic Canadian railway. It was composed of two lines, one connecting Richmond (immediately north of Halifax) with Windsor, the other connecting Richmond with Pictou Landing via Truro.
- The Cape Breton and Central Nova Scotia Railway is a short line railway operating in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia. CBNS operates (245 miles or 394 kilometres) of main line and associated spurs between Truro in the central part of the province to Point Tupper on Cape Breton Island.
- Daily News was a tabloid newspaper in Halifax, Nova Scotia that was published from 1974 until ceasing operations in February 2008.
Weekly Featured Article
Halifax Regional Fire & Emergency Logo