- Canadian who led tours in North Korea detained by Chinese authorities
- China says it has detained a second Canadian, entrepreneur Michael Spavor, less than two weeks after a Huawei executive was arrested in Vancouver.
- Rachel Aiello 2018-12-12 21:51:00
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Michael Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- Michael Cohen, U.S. President Donald Trump's one-time fixer, was sentenced Wednesday to three years in prison for crimes that included arranging the payment of hush money to conceal his boss' alleg...
- Larry Neumeister and Tom Hays 2018-12-12 06:33:00
- Train crashes into overpass in Turkish capital; 4 dead
- A high-speed train hit a railway engine and crashed into a pedestrian overpass at a station in the Turkish capital Ankara on Thursday, killing four people and injuring 43 others, officials and news...
- 2018-12-13 05:52:00
- Indigenous leaders react to report on 'systemic racism' among Thunder Bay, Ont., police service
- First Nations leaders said an independent review describing the “systemic racism” within the Thunder Bay Police Service and its failure to adequately investigate the deaths of nine Indigenous p...
- Amanda Coletta 2018-12-13 02:13:00
- Rare procedure helps girl having up to 150 seizures a day
- A nine-year-old girl who was having up to 150 seizures a day is believed to be the first Canadian child to be treated via deep brain stimulation.
- Ryan Flanagan 2018-12-13 05:21:00
- British PM Theresa May wins party no-confidence vote, but troubles remain
- British Prime Minister Theresa May survived a political crisis over her Brexit deal Wednesday, winning a no-confidence vote by Conservative lawmakers that would have ended her leadership of party a...
- Jill Lawless 2018-12-12 08:26:00
- Pizza shared with media camped outside Huawei CFO's Vancouver home
- A pizza delivery to the Vancouver home of Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou turned into an unexpected lunch on Wednesday for members of the media camped outside.
- 2018-12-12 23:03:00
- Six-year-old lured from Vancouver school and sexually assaulted: police
- Vancouver Police are searching for a man who allegedly lured a six-year-old girl from a playground and sexually assaulted her before walking her back to school.
- 2018-12-12 22:13:00
- Should people with mental disorders be allowed assisted death? Experts divided
- A report released Wednesday says experts examining the question of whether Canada should let people with mental disorders die with medical assistance couldn't even agree on what evidence would be r...
- Joan Bryden 2018-12-12 23:11:00
- Officials reviewing safer opioids after more than 2,000 killed in 6 months
- Public health officials across the country are seriously considering increasing the supply of safer opioids to quell a crisis that newly released data show helped claim more than 2,000 lives in the...
- Kristy Kirkup 2018-12-12 20:01:00
Some recent articles
| A few of the articles we've added recently. For a full list of recent additions, see New Pages
- FOX (pictured) is an American commercial broadcast television network that is a flagship property of Fox Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox.
- Cylance Cylance Inc. is an American software firm founded in 2012. It develops antivirus programs and other kinds of computer software that prevent, rather than reactively detect, viruses and malware. The company is based in Irvine, California.
- Nova Scotia Light and Power was an electric and gas utility company with its head office in Halifax, Canada. The company still exists as a shell but is no longer active; however, for more than a century, it was the major producer of energy in the province of Nova Scotia, and its largest public transit operator. See Nova Scotia Power
- Emera Inc. is a publicly traded energy utility company. As of 2017, it had revenues of $6.2 billion, and assets of $30 billion. Based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, Emera's President and CEO is Scott Balfour. The company invests in electricity generation, transmission and distribution, and gas transmission and utility energy services. As of 2018 the Emera group of companies had approximately 7,400 employees.
- The Nova Scotia Railway is a historic Canadian railway. It was composed of two lines, one connecting Richmond (immediately north of Halifax) with Windsor, the other connecting Richmond with Pictou Landing via Truro.
- The Cape Breton and Central Nova Scotia Railway is a short line railway operating in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia. CBNS operates (245 miles or 394 kilometres) of main line and associated spurs between Truro in the central part of the province to Point Tupper on Cape Breton Island.
- Daily News was a tabloid newspaper in Halifax, Nova Scotia that was published from 1974 until ceasing operations in February 2008.
Weekly Featured Article
Halifax Regional Fire & Emergency Logo